ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – SITE-WIDE HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRICAL SERVICES
Solicitation No. RFSO-476721-0045
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a Request for Standing Offer (RFSO) for Site-wide High Voltage Electrical Services at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. Work will include supply of all labour, equipment, tools, and supervision necessary to conduct electrical engineering services for the high voltage electrical systems and electrical control at the Giant Mine site. This work will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Regular system inspections: Review power systems and provide annual reports on status
- Heat scanning to identify connection or equipment issues
- Substation testing and maintenance
- Generator testing and maintenance
- Construction services
- Power system documentation
- Transformer oil sampling and testing
- Pole test and treat: Assessment and treatment to extend pole lifecycle
- Ground system testing
Work is anticipated to start in June 2021.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!