NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – SURFACE WATER AND GROUND WATER MONITORING – REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Solicitation No. 476721-0105
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP) and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, is soliciting a tender for the Surface Water and Ground Water Monitoring (SWGW) for the Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
This work is comprised of Surface Water and Groundwater monitoring and evaluation of results against applicable criteria in support of on-going Surface Care & Maintenance activities, Risk Mitigation Projects and Overall Remediation of the Giant Mine Site. This includes sample collection, review of data, equipment operation and maintenance, data management and reporting.
- Collect Surface Water and Groundwater.
- Transport, supply, operate, calibrate and maintain subcontractor and Parsons supplied equipment, as necessary to ensure sampling as per the requirements and as specified herein.
- Operate and manage software for equipment to ensure that data is properly captured, managed, and interfaced.
- Review data as received, validate, compare to established criteria and immediately notify the Parsons Environmental Manager of any conditions that may be in exceedance of target levels;
- Prepare daily and monthly reports required on all collected data).
- The successful contractor will communicate with the Parsons Environmental Manager and Government of Canada in the instance of exceedances as per communication plan;
- Provisional requirement for “as required sampling”.
Work is anticipated to start Spring 2023. A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference and Site Visit is scheduled for February 7, 2023. Bidders must register with the Contracting Authority to attend.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals are solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. The posting for Solicitation No. 476721-0105 can be found here.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project.