NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – LEGACY DEBRIS PILES – INVITATION TO TENDER
Solicitation No. ITT-476721-00 66
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP) and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting an Invitation to Tender (ITT) for removal of Legacy Debris at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. This work will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- There are approximately 25 existing debris piles scattered around the Site
- These debris piles will be sorted and separated into waste streams that include recyclable materials, hazardous, and non-hazardous wastes
- Characterization of wastes may include sampling to support visual identification of materials. These materials will be disposed of in a manner consistent with the Waste Management and Monitoring Plan (Waste MMP).
- Sorting of the debris piles will include any excavation necessary to safely access and remove the materials
- Excavated soils will be treated as contaminated waste and managed as per the approved Waste MMP
- Any voids created by removal of material will be backfilled to prevent ponding water and provide a safely accessible surface
A Mandatory Pre-bid Conference and Site tour will be held March 30, 2023. Participants must register via email to Procurement.GMRP.Parsons@parsons.com to attend.
Work is anticipated to start in June 2023. This solicitation can be found here on MERX.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!