Industry Day November 2022
Industry Day 2022
Parsons Inc. (“Parsons”) is the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), acting as the Prime Contractor and Mine Manager. Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement will be conducted in a fair, open, and transparent manner while addressing Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (CLCA) obligations and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Parsons will be hosting an in-person Industry Day over November 1, and 2, 2022 from 9:30AM to 4:30PM. MST. The event will be held at the Northern United Place in Yellowknife, NWT.
During Industry Day, Parsons will provide an overview of the upcoming work packages for 2023:
- Legacy Debris – Sort, demolition, debris removal and disposal
- Site Security
- Sample Drilling Program
- Surface Care and Maintenance
- Investigative Drilling
- Master Standing Arrangements for Environmental, Civil, Services. Hazardous Waste and Nonhazardous waste disposal, Underground Care and Maintenance, Transportation Services, Investigative Drilling, Off-site borrow
Parsons will also provide an update on the anticipated 2024 work packages including the following:
- New Power Supply Line and Substation
- Revegetation Strategy
- Demo: Core Industrial Area and Tailings Reprocessing Plant
- New Water Treatment Plant Operation
- Cast in place concrete cap closures
Parsons will also provide an update on the overall schedule for the project to its expected completion in 2038.
Parsons is committed to aligning tendered work packages with local business capacity to maximize Indigenous training, employment, subcontracting, and other opportunities involving Indigenous citizens and businesses in carrying out the work under this project.
Thank you to all who participated in Industry Day 2022.
Please find below a copy of the full presentation below;