ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – OFF-SITE BORROW REQUEST FOR STANDING OFFER REFRESH
Solicitation No. RFSO-476721-0053A
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP) and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a tender for rates for the Off-site Borrow for the Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. To allow for any increased local capacity to supply, Parsons, will be soliciting a refresh of Request for Standing Offer (RFSO) for Off-site Borrow Work which will consist of crushing, stockpiling, testing and delivery of various gradation of aggregates including: of 20mm, 63mm, 80mm, 150mm, Drainage rock and Rip-rap. Suppliers must also:
- Carry out necessary Geochemical/Geotechnical testing as per the Offsite Borrow specification for the allotted quantity of aggregate.
- Pre-plan the production of aggregate and supply of the product to Giant Mine as per the Call-ups issued.
- Submittal of Quality Control plan, test, sieve reports and visual inspection/Geochemical verification reports.
A necessary component of the work will include the ability to meet the following criteria:
PROOF OF ABILITY TO ACHIEVE GEOTECHNCIAL GEOCHEMICAL CRITERIA
- Not contain soft particles, shale or shale seams, overburdened, organic material, snow, ice/frost aggregate or other deleterious material
- Soundness of less than 7% at five (5) cycles
- Abrasion loss of less than 30%
- Total arsenic less than 60 mg/kg
- Neutralization potential ratio equal or greater than three (3) and classified as non-acid generating (NAG)
- Sulphide-sulphur concentration less than 0.5 % by weight
- Visual inspections and observations completed by a qualified person and reviewed by a geoscientist/engineer registered with NAPEG and sulphide and carbonate characteristics are similar to geological information collected prior to blasting.
Potential initial delivery is anticipated to start in May 2024 therefore the Solicitation will be on the market in the Fall of 2023.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!