ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – SAMPLE DRILLING PROGRAM REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Solicitation No. 476721-0073
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP) and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a tender for the Sample Drilling Program for the Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. This RFP will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- The preparation of work sites, the establishment of access roads within the work limits and reestablishing the existing drill pads for the operation of Rock and Sonic Drilling rigs.
- Discrete-interval AS203 sampling of existing four borehole (includes removing existing casing, clearing, enlarging the existing access hole, installing casing - all as required for Sonic Drilling).
- There is the potential for additional work for the sample collection from four more access holes and drilling of other two more new access holes.
- Design and fabricate core boxes for the storage and transportation of samples (600kg)
- Transportation of samples from access hole sites to the on-site temporary storage location (600kg).
- Provide secondary containment for sample collection/packaging/labelling as well as drill string and core barrel racking areas.
- Upon completion of sampling, the bore holes shall be covered with road boxes.
Work is anticipated to start Spring 2023.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project.