ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – LEGACY DEBRIS PILES – REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Solicitation No. RFP-476721-0066
Parsons, as the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), and acting as both the Mine Manager and Prime Contractor, will be soliciting a Request for Proposal (RFP) for removal of Legacy Debris at Giant Mine, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. This work will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- There are approximately 25 existing debris piles scattered around the Site.
- These debris piles will be sorted and separated into waste streams that include recyclable materials, hazardous, and non-hazardous wastes.
- Characterization of wastes may include sampling to support visual identification of materials.
- These materials will be disposed of in a manner similar to the wastes generated by demolition of the structures.
- Sorting of the debris piles may include any excavation necessary to safely access and remove the materials.
- Excavated soils will be treated as contaminated waste and managed as per the approved Waste MMP.
- Any voids created by removal of material will be backfilled to prevent ponding water and provide a safely accessible surface.
Work is anticipated to start in Spring 2023.
Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement is conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while meeting Comprehensive Land Claims Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s procurement objectives regarding Indigenous opportunities. Competitive proposals will be solicited using the MERX Canadian Public Tenders website to select the best value firm to deliver the product to the Giant Mine in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
Please visit www.giantminerp.ca for news and updates on the Giant Mine Remediation Project!