Upcoming Bidding Opportunity, Surface Water and Groundwater Monitoring
Parsons Inc. (“Parsons”) is the Main Construction Manager for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP). Parsons intends to solicit competitive proposals for all services associated with Surface Water and Groundwater Monitoring at Giant Mine, which is located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. The Work under this anticipated contract includes but is not limited to the following:
- On-site and Off-site Surface Water Monitoring: Including monitoring surface water and runoff on the Giant Mine site, including Baker Creek.
- Regulatory Monitoring: Monitoring of the Surveillance Network Program (SNP) and the Operational Monitoring Program (OMP) required for regulatory reporting. This also includes specified sampling required for the effluent discharge from the existing Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP), which includes toxicity sampling.
- Groundwater Monitoring: Monitoring operational groundwater wells located on the Giant Mine site. This includes a number of deep multi-port wells.
- C-Shaft: Monitoring water within the underground C-Shaft at the Giant Mine site.
- Quality Control: Complete the required quality control program, including collecting/preparing field blanks and duplicates at the frequency specified within the contract.