ADVANCE NOTICE OF CONTRACTING OPPORTUNITY – SITE SECURITY
Parsons Inc. (“Parsons”) is the Main Construction Manager (MCM) for the Giant Mine Remediation Project (GMRP), acting as the Prime Contractor and Mine Manager. Parsons is committed to ensuring procurement will be conducted in a fair, open and transparent manner while addressing Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (CLCA) commitments and the Government of Canada’s (GoC) procurement objectives regarding Indigenous and local northern opportunities. Parsons intends to solicit competitive proposals using MERX to select the best value firm to deliver all services associated with Site Security at the Giant Mine site in Yellowknife, NT. Work under this subcontract will include, but is not limited to:
- Provide diligent protection of the mine site, assets and restrict public access to the mine site in accordance with referenced acts, standards, practices and regulations, and AHJ, using security measures including but not limited to Security Personnel conducting regular patrols to monitor mine site for trespassing, vandalism and theft for twenty-four (24) hours per day, every day throughout the period of the subcontract.
- Protect the environment, the public, and the mine site infrastructure and facilities.
- Record all movements of people, vehicles and equipment arriving and departing the site.
- Keep the mine site in compliance with the NWT Mine Health and Safety Act and Regulations and applicable. requirements of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) unless otherwise specified.
- Implement upgrades to reduce operating cost and improve quality of service.
- Maintain contact with people working alone and maintain records of activities.
- Record the sighting of wildlife on-site.
- Additional tasks as outlined in this document.
- Security personnel working at the GMRP are not permitted to carry weapons.
The Subcontractor will report to and take direction from the Parsons’ Manager, Health, Safety, Security and Medical or his designate.